Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interview With Belle Faust


Belle could tell that Bice wanted to say something, but for all her languages, Bice just couldnt communicate that well. (Page 10, Another Faust ARC)

Tell us your favourite memory of home.
Um, home? What do you mean? I’ve always lived with Madame Vileroy. My favorite memories aren’t at home.

How has Madame Vileroy been treating you?
There’s a word in Mandarin that you can quite translate. Something like: torturously terrible.

Who are you closest to, other than Belle?
Valentin has always seemed like the youngest of us, but Christian has always seemed like the most vulnerable. I like his company best. It’s as good as being alone.

How do you feel about Belle not looking the same as you?
Um, I don’t know. Why are you asking me? I don’t know.

What's the ultimate goal for you?
Body language is the hardest.

What was your first experience in using your powers?
I can’t remember a first time. Time always seemed to stop when I got lost in a book. I guess, at some point, Madame Vileroy made it really possible. I remember closing my book once and looking up to see my sneeze from two hours ago suspended in midair. That’s my first memory of actually “powers”. Kind of embarrassing.

Why does time seem to stop when you're reading a book?
It does that for you, too?

Yeah! Though it's not really the same for you, is it? How many languages have you mastered yet?
I thought I had all of them, and then I went to the zoo…

What's your favourite language?
Farsi.

Can you please describe Another Faust in Farsi?
Nemee doonam. Harr ketab khoob o bad dareh.

Thanks for the interview, Bice!

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 15 August 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment