Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interview With Belle Faust

It might not be so bad sharing a face if at least it was beautiful. If she were fantastically beautiful, no one would mind that she couldn't blather out a few pleasantries in Mandarin. But Bice had talent; there was no denying that. That was how she set herself apart from her twin. But what did Belle have? (Page 9, Another Faust ARC)

Tell us your favourite memory of home.
Bice and I got into a fight and she said, “Who cares whose skirt that is? You wouldn’t notice if the world burned down around your ears.” So I snuck into mom’s room and stole her nail polish and locked myself in the bathroom. When mom found me, she asked what I was doing and I told her that I was putting a drop of nail polish deep inside my belly button, where it would be secret, because I suspected that if the world burned down, Bice would try to pass herself off as me. She laughed and said I was such a clever girl.

How has Madame Vileroy been treating you?
Nice, I guess. She says I’m her favorite, but I’m not sure that’s true. I’m not sure I want to be.

Who are you closest to, other than Bice?
Why do you say, “other than Bice”?

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you sure don't look like Bice, your twin!
Thanks! But please don’t say that to her.

You're gorgeous. Do you consider that a power or a privilege?
What’s the difference? It’s a privilege to have power over people.

What would you say your best trait is, other than your beauty?
I think I’m pretty smart. Most people don’t notice, but I am. Did you know that I aced all my science classes?

That's great! Congratulations! What other skills do you have?
Stupid stuff. I can paint. I like flowers, all beautiful things. I don’t have time for that stuff now.

That's not stupid, it's pretty creative. I'm sure you must have had offers to go to Hollywood and so on. Would you take the offers if they came your way?
Yes.

What's the ultimate goal for you?
To be loved. To make people catch their breath when they look at me. To be different from Bice.

Who's your inspiration? Why?
Audrey Hepburn. Because she isn’t just stunning, but she’s unique. No one will ever look like her again. And my mom. She was more than just pretty.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Do you have anything to say to that?
Yeah, a certain kind of beauty is like that. Not the kind I want though. Some beauty isn’t subjective. It’s just better.

Great answer! I don't think many people think about it that way. If you were a beauty product, what would you be and why?
Perfume, because you can’t see it, but it’s the most powerful.

What beauty product would Another Faust be and why?
Another Faust is about us and Vileroy. I guess our relationship with Vileroy is like a distorted mirror... Everything is reflected in it, but it’s all wrong.

Thanks for the interview, Belle!

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 24 August 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment