Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Falling back in time with Sam

Today please welcome Sam from Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall. She was kind enough to answer some questions for me and I hope that you enjoy reading her answers.


First off, please tell us a little about you.

Um, okay. What do you want to know? My name’s Samantha Kingston but everyone calls me Sam, and I’m a senior at Thomas Jefferson in Ridgeview, Connecticut. I’m 5’8”, and I have brown hair and green eyes. I like broccoli but I hate asparagus. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper and the smell of Red Bull makes me sick. When I was five I fell off the jungle gym at school, and I still have a scar on my knee. Is that good enough for you?

What can you tell us about your role in Before I Fall?

Well, I mean, the whole book is kind of about me, so…

What was your favorite part or scene of the book? Or maybe is there a favourite line(s) you had that you want to share?



It’s crazy. I never would have thought at the beginning of the book I would say this, but my favorite part is definitely where I get to kiss Kent McFuller.

Overall, how do you think Lauren Oliver handled your story?

Other than having some serious problems with the ending, I think she did an okay job.

If there was a scene that you could have done differently from how Before I Fall wrote it, what would it be & how would it be different?

Lauren told me I wasn’t allowed to give away any spoilers, so I can’t really talk about the ending, but I obviously wished it could have been different. In some ways I get it, though. It took me a long time—in fact, it took me the whole book—to understand why things had to end the way they did. So I guess I just wished she could have had me kissing Kent earlier. I should have dumped Rob on, like, Day Two.

Which character in the story would you most like to have a drink with and why? Would you meet for coffee/tea or perhaps for a pint at the local pub? Is there any place in particular that you had in mind for this meeting? (For example: Harry Potter might meet with Ron Weasley over at the The Three Broomsticks for some Butterbeer because they are best mates. Or maybe Malfoy would lure Harry to The Hogs Head in order to slip something into his drink so Slytherin would win the upcoming quiddich match against Gryffindor)

I would meet Lindsay, Elody, and Ally for mango margaritas at Rosalita’s. They never card us there.


If you could meet any character from another book, who would it be and why?

Lindsay’s always saying that she wants to meet the characters from the Gossip Girls series, because they know how to throw down. I bet they’d invite us to some good parties in the city.

Thanks Sam for stopping by! I loved getting to know a little bit more about you. For those that want to know more be sure to pick up a copy of Before I Fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment