Friday, January 8, 2010

Peering through the glass at Ethan Wate


Here's Ethan from Beautiful Creatures to tell you more about himself and the small town of Gatlin. Hello Ethan, it’s nice to meet you. Will you tell us more about yourself?
I live on chocolate milk and sugar. I like to read- comics at school, real books at home. Snow Crash and Slaughterhouse Five are two of my favorites. My best friend is a crazy drummer, except he’s better at the crazy part.

Describe Gatlin the three words.
Boring. Nosy. Fishbowl.

What type of songs do you put in your iPod?
Right now: The Killers, Carolina Liar, All American Rejects, Foo Fighters, The White Stripes, Soundgarden & Fast Addie.

The Killers are great. They're coming to Singapore next year. Man, it must have been weird to hear a strange song coming out of your iPod:
Sixteen moons, sixteen years
Sixteen of your deepest fears
Sixteen times you dreamed my tears
Falling, falling through the years…

Yeah, it was weird. But Link puts weird crap on my iPod all the time, so at first I thought it was him. Then things got even weirder.

How so? Have you ever had a crossword puzzle match with Amma? Who won?
Are you kidding? Amma kicks my butt every time.

So there’s a new girl in school? What’s she like?
Lena Duchannes, it rhymes with rain. She’s a beautiful disaster, like that song says. And I think I love her.

What are the three most important things you own?
My shoeboxes full of all my important stuff. My Silver Surfer comics. My copy of The Catcher in the Rye, because my mom gave it to me.

Silver Surfer comics? Okay, thanks for the interview Ethan. Is there anything you’d like to add?
Why did you want to interview me? Nothing ever happens in Gatlin.

It's for the school newsletter. Small towns and all that. I guess we'll just have to find out more when Beautiful Creatures is released on 1st December. *hint hint*

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 30 November 2009.

2 comments:

Pam said...

You guys are going to love this book! Best YA for me in 2009!!!

Register domain said...

Really great book and i love this write up, Really great taste..
domain registration india

Post a Comment