Friday, January 8, 2010

High Tea with Polly Madasa

Hi Polly! It’s nice to make your acquaintance.
And I yours Liyana, which by the way, is a most elegant name.

Thank you, mdear! Tell us a bit about yourself.
Ah me. I am now an elegant young lady of twelve years of age. I live with my dear parents and darling sister in our small beach cottage that is attached to our bakery! Yes, it is very romantic and quaint with the sounds and smells of the ocean making it’s way into our home and our hearts.

How long have you been reading Jane Austen?
I have only been reading that most elegant of authoresses for the past month. Indeed, it vexes me greatly to think that I had never picked up one of her romantic tales before. Now, however, I believe that Jane and myself our sisters in spirit.

Which of her books have you read?
Only Pride and Prejudice right now and I fear with my recent employment that I will be unable to start the next novel that I am greatly anticipating…Jane Austen’s Emma.

What’s your favourite quote?
Oh dear, I do not think I could choose just one, believe me, I find it almost impossible! Yet, I shall try.
“You must know… surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I’d scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.”

I heard that you’re good at baking. What are some pastries you can make? Do you have any recipes to recommend?
I adore the culinary arts, most especially baking since I find it much more elegant to whip up a chocolate cake than it is to remove the entrails from a defeathered fowl.

My most favorite recipe is the chocolate croissant…a flaky pastry filled with smooth chocolate…preferably warmed to the most indulging temperature. I also adore making chocolate eclairs, and chocolate chip scones.

Will you tell us more about your family?
My adoring parents are both loving and kind though they have burdened me with the unwelcome task of delivering baked goods this summer…though I think I may be able to find some greater use for this employment.

And though I both love and adore my elder sister, I find her quite intolerable at times, but this has to do with the sad fact that she is currently in a relationship with a brute beast named Clint. I must stop talking about my dearest Clementine now for it grieves me to even think of her plight.

How long have you known Fran?
Ever since I can remember the first hair bow that she gave to me, which was an elegant pink with small white flowers. Indeed we have been bosom friends for as long as…well… from whenever I received the hair bow, which I believe was Kindergarten.

How did you meet?
I remember it all quite well. I was sitting on a bench on the playground when Fran came up to me with the hair bow in hand. “Is this yours? I found it in the puddle over there,” she asked. And though I refused to touch it until it had been properly washed, we were constant friends from that moment.

What would you do if you ever got to meet Jane Austen?
Oh my gosh, I would totally freak out! I…I mean, I think I should first need a small jar of smelling salts. But then once recovered, she and I would take a walk on the beach by my home and then later sit down to tea and talk all about Mr. Darcy.

Any questions you’d like to ask her?
Who in the world made your divine dress?
And
Can you please introduce me to an english gentleman that resembles Mr. Darcy in most every way save his age?

Haha! I agree with you on that Polly. Great chat!

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 23 December 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment