Friday, January 8, 2010

Chicks dig guys in gloves, or so Graves says


Hi there Graves! May I call you that?
Graves: It's my name. Sure. Go ahead.

How’re you doing?
Well, Jesus. At the end of the third book I'm not a happy camper. To say the least.

Tell us more about yourself.
I'm not interesting. I was going to be a physics professor and I got bit by a werwulf. But I met someone interesting and I got the hell out of my hometown, so I guess it balances out.

What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen Dru do?
God, you mean I should just pick one? I think French-kissing a winged snake takes the cake. There's also that thing she does where she goes all funny and pale, and her eyes get really big, and then she throws out her hands and something explodes or someone has a heart attack. That's pretty weird too. I don't want to piss that girl off, I tell you.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done since you met Dru?
I think getting tied to a mattress and getting a gun put to my head. Oh, and there's that superspeed and superstrength thing. It's like being a superhero, only without the spandex. Which is good, you know, because, well, spandex. I'm not a spandex type of guy.

What is the one thing you wish other people knew about you?
I wish people didn't look at me and see just a goddamn failure. I been judged all my life, you know? It gets old. The only person who doesn't...well, she's great. Dru, that is. She's really great.

How has life changed since you met Dru?
God. I'm, uh, not living in a mall or afraid of being picked up by the cops or a social worker. I'm, uh, loup-garou. That's just for starters. I can smell what people had for lunch.

What are you most afraid of?
Going back to be a nothing in a dead-end town.

What do you want more than anything?
I don't know. Right now I'm just trying to figure out this...I mean, girls are weird. They're weird.

What are your plans after high school?
Other than not dying and dealing with stuckup djamphir? I want to track nosferat migrations and start working out statistics about infestation patterns. It's fascinating. If you find the math, you can find the reason for anything.

Um, except girls, I guess. Jesus.

What’s your worst subject in school, and is this in any way related to Dru? :P
Sparring. I flinch too much. Shanks says I have to get over the fear of being hit thing.

Some people think that you’re a contender for Dru’s heart. What do you have to say to that?
*coughs* Really? Um. Who? Who says that? Do they, ah, do they know her? What makes them think that? Did she say something? I mean, not that I mind. Or, uh, care. Did she say something?

Thank you so much for the interview! Would you like to say anything to the readers?
Thanks for reading! And, ah, tell that St. Crow chick not to kill me. I hear she does that to a lot of characters. And I'm nervous...

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 18 November 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment