Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Talking to Real Life Supervillain, Damien Locke

Hello Internet today I have a very special guest for you. It took a bit of tracking down as he is always on the move plotting evil plots and casing buildings....but after some plotting of my own I finally got Damian Locke to agree to sit down for a few minutes and answer some questions.

First off, please tell us a little about you.

I'm a supervillain, obviously. I've lived in Golden City my whole life, but I don't see why I'd want to be anywhere else. I mean, sure, this city has the highest population of superheroes in the U.S., but it also has the highest number of supervillains. Plus, having a few heroes around keeps things interesting. You have to have someone to mess with, right?

What can you tell us about living in Golden City?



Living in Golden City is great, if you don't mind the occasional raygun mugging or having to watch self-righteous superheroes like the Crimson Flash go around saving kittens out of trees. And, okay, if you were getting mugged by a supervillain with a raygun, he would prioritize that over getting kittens out of trees, but still. That's the kind of lame stuff that we have to put up with around here.

Rescuing kittens doesn't sound lame at all. But I guess it all depends on where your interests lie I guess. If you could choose your superpower, rather then random genetics, which would choose?

I would probably choose laser eyes, like my mom, so she'd think twice before using hers on me.

What is the best thing about being a supervillain? The worst?

The best thing about being a supervillain is getting ahead. I mean, if I'd been raised as a superhero, I probably wouldn't have even started Calculus yet. How can they expect to defeat anyone with those kinds of standards?

The worst thing about being a supervillain, for me, has been finding out I might not be a supervillain.

What are you most looking forward to about going to Vilmore? Or if you get denied admission due to your…um…unfortunate superhero parentage, what do you think Heroesworth Academy will be like?

Um, I'm SO not going to Heroesworth, so don't even ask that. What I'm most looking forward to about Vilmore—because I AM going to get in—is hanging out with my friend Kat and becoming an awesome troublemaking duo. We're going to be partners in crime, and I can't wait.

It must have been rough learning that you aren’t all supervillain and that you now have all these younger half-siblings, has the adjustment been hard since you grew up as an only child? What’s been the best part about meeting your new family? The worst?

Not only do I have three half siblings I never knew about, but they're all superheroes. (Go ahead and take a moment to gag. I'll wait.) They're all going to be able to fly, just like dear old dad, and they can't wait. Ugh. The best part of meeting them has been being glad I got raised by my mom and am nothing like them. The worst has been, well, everything else.

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me for a bit. Before we go, are there final words you’d like to say?

I'd like everyone to know that even though my dad's a superhero, I'm still all villain. So don't go thinking otherwise.

To learn more about Damian Locke and his struggles in learning of his mixed parentage head to your nearest bookstore and pick up a copy of The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment