Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How much could an Iron Puck puck?

Hello everyone,


Today I would like you all to welcome a special guest to YAR, Puck from Julie Kagawa's new book The Iron King. So please send out a warm welcome to Puck and be sure to check out his full story in The Iron King....and that other lesser known tale by Shakespeare known as A Midsummer Night Dream.


First off, please tell us a little about you.

A little about me, huh? Um ... okay. I like apples, my favorite color is red, I think Skittles are the greatest invention since the wheel, and I’m the handsome, charmingly rakish rogue in The Iron King. (You might also know me from Willy Shakespeare’s A Midsummer’s Night Dream. There was that unfortunate incident with the donkey ears ...)

What can you tell us about your role in The Iron King?

I’m the hero, of course! All right, fine, I’m not. I should be! But I’m not. I’m there to keep Meghan out of trouble, and make life as difficult for Ash as I can. Hmm, I wonder how he’d look with donkey ears ...

What was your favorite part or scene of the book? Or maybe is there a favorite line(s) you had that you want to share?

Well, there was that time Ash almost got eaten by a dragon. That was fun. Also, the time where Ash had to fight the chimera. I enjoyed that, too. I don’t remember a favorite line, though. ALL my lines are favorites. I’m just that charming.

Overall, how do you think the author handled your story?

Oh, I suppose she did well enough. My natural charm doesn’t come off unless you meet me in person. But really, she’s just one more writer in a long line of writers who have tried and failed to capture my true essence. Willy Shakespeare couldn’t do it, and neither could Kagawa. I am uncapturable. (And yeah, that’s a word because I said so.)

Which character in the story would you most like to have a drink with and why? Would you meet for coffee/tea or perhaps for a pint at the local pub? Is there any place in particular that you had in mind for this meeting? (For example: Harry Potter might meet with Ron Weasley over at the The Three Broomsticks for some Butterbeer because they are best mates. Or maybe Malfoy would lure Harry to The Hogs Head in order to slip something into his drink so Slytherin would win the upcoming quiddich match against Gryffindor)

Eh heh heh, “Hey Ash, lets go to the tavern for a couple pints of ale. Oh, really? I had no idea this is a redcap hangout. Well, have fun without me. Try not to get yourself eaten.”

If you could meet any character from another book, who would it be and why?

Hmm, well I’ve heard that Lesley Livingston has a boucca in her book named Bob, that’s supposedly another version of me. I’d like to meet this other Puck; think of the things we could do, together. *Maniacal evil laughter*



And on that note I think that we should all work together to ensure that these two Puck's never meet...

Cross-posted at: Ticket to Anywhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment