Thursday, January 7, 2010

TENtalizing Tidbits: Suzanne Young

Suzanne Young, author of The Naughty List, is here today to battle deadlines and a teeny weeny Twitter addiction. Don't tell me she's the only one! *refreshes Twitter* Welcome, Suzanne!

Suzanne Young: My deadline is looming and I still have half a book to write. Sweat is forming on my brow. My throat is dry. I’ll never make this deadline! I’ll have to write 52 pages every day for the next two weeks if I hope to finish.

Wait. Let me check my Twitter account.

Yeah, does this happen to you? I thought I was the only one that suffered from internet addiction while writing. Turns out, I’m not! In fact, I’d say it’s an epidemic among authors and artists. I wonder if it has to do with the isolation of writing and art—the time spent staring at screen, while just at the bottom, just one click away, is a never-ending party with all the cool people you know!

It’s like they never sleep! There is always someone around to talk to! But then… there’s that deadline…

So in the interest of meeting deadlines (or even for NaNo) author Nova Ren Suma and I decided to make next week a Twitter-free environment. From November 1st to November 7th, we will not Twitter or Facebook. Why? Because we have a problem and we’re not afraid to admit it.

Would like to join this Twittercation? Do it! You can! I know you’re strong enough. Sure, will the yahoo headlines still tempt you? Will blogs somehow become your only lifeline to the outside world? Maybe. But you can beat them. You can beat the internet beast and finish your work!!!

If you’d like to join, find us on Twitter and feel free (pun intended) to blog about it! This is going to be the most productive week ever. I might even have time to clean my house!!!

Love,
Suzanne Young

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 5 November 2009.

1 comments:

Daisy Whitney said...

Twitter is totally alluring and a huge time suck! It's good to find a balance!

Post a Comment