Friday, January 8, 2010

Scouting for Lily

Hey Lily, hey Scout! How are you coping in St Sophia’s?
Lily: Well, "coping" is a strong word for it. I'm making do. I miss my parents and my friends. Scout helps a lot, though.
Scout: *nodding earnestly* It's true. I do help.

What’s it like there so far?
Lily: Um, well, it's mostly high school, but with lots of girls who wear almost exactly the same thing every day.
Scout: We aren't a very original clue, at least in a fashion sense.
Lily: Agreed. Classes are pretty standard. I'm supposed to be starting an art studio in a couple of weeks, which I'm excited about. And then, of course, there's the nighttime stuff.
Scout: *leaning toward Lily* Lils, ix-nay on the ightime-nay uff-stay.
ily: I think Liyana here is going to be able to decipher your secret code, hon.

What sekrit code? Is it a St. Sophia's thing? Is it weird, staying in a dorm... which is basically staying in the school itself?
Lily: You definitely don't feel like you're getting a healthy separation from school--
Scout: --or the brat pack.
Lily: *nodding* --or the brat pack at the end of the day. On the other hand, the commute is fab.

St Sophia sure looks creepy, with all the gargoyles and the history behind it. Have you had any.. strange encounters?
Lily: *casting a sideways glance at Scout*
Scout: *rolling her eyes* Lily thinks there's weird stuff going on at St. Sophias. Other than girls wearing vests. I mean, really, vests? Why is that the fashion trend we're reviving? Why
not fedoras? Oh. My. God. *nudging Lily with elbow* I totally need a fedora.
Lily: *putting an arm around Scout* So, I think you've met my number one strange encounter--Scout Green.

Does your room key open any other doors and pathways?
Lily: Huh. I don't really know. I think it just opens my bedroom door. *looking at Scout* Right?
Scout: *whistling innocently*

Geez, it must suck that your parents are away on a two year sabbatical in Germany and you’re stuck in the US.
Lily: I wasn't thrilled. I mean, from what I've seen, Chicago is pretty great, but it would have been nice to see Europe. And, you know, still be on the same continent as my parents.
Scout: In my experience, I've found closeness to be vastly overrated.

Met any cool people so far?
Scout: ME!
Lily: Yeah, she counts. There's also this girl, Collette. She seems pretty cool. And Michael and Jason seem cool.

Okay, let’s talk about something more fun. What are your favourite songs? Do you have any you’d like to recommend to us?
Lily: I love Paramore. Big fan of Bright Eyes. I'll listen to pretty much anything, I guess.
Scout: She does listen to me. As far as I'm concerned, that's what counts!

*laughs* Thanks a lot for that little chat, you too!

Cross-posted at: LiyanaLand! on 7 January 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment